Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's been awhile

It has been quite awhile since I last posted. At the end of March I got a long-term sub position. Between that, grad school, and my part-time job, I was too busy. Not much exciting has happened. I'm currently searching for a full time teaching job in the fall which is proving to be difficult but I have faith that something will come along.

David's birthday is next week. I sent out his package last Wednesday so that he would be sure to get it. I guess I didn't have to worry because he already got it! It took less than a week to get there which I think is pretty amazing. I forgot to take pictures before I sent it but I'll include a list of what I sent.

Birthday package:
  • Cake in a jar
  • Frosting
  • Gilmore Girls season 7
  • Smallville season 1
  • Dirt bike magazine
  • Alarm clock (so he always wakes up to call me)
  • Pictures of his "real" present- dirt bike helmet and gear

Of course he already opened the package so he won't have anything to open on his actual birthday. The cake in a jar was a huge hit! I sent enough for him to share with the guys. One of the guys said I should hang out with his girlfriend so she can get ideas of things to send him. Apparently I send pretty good packages.

No comments: