For my birthday my mom and I went to Washington D.C. We drove down and stayed for two nights. We had a great time. The only problem all weekend was that I hadn't heard from David at all. By Sunday night (my birthday) I was so upset. The next day when I went to my grad class I was in a horrible mood but I was a little suspicious that David might be coming home. He had been acting fishy for a couple of months and then he "had to go to another base" that weekend. Sure enough, my suspicions were right. When I got out of class I saw that I had a missed call from David's cell phone. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin until I was able to get ahold of him and he told me to pick him up at the airport at 5pm. David is not a romantic/suprise kind of guy so this was amazing. We spent two wonderful weeks together. It felt like he had never left. I had been worried that Charlie would have a problem adjusting but I think he just missed his daddy.
While David was home we went to the wedding of our friends TJ and Kara. It was a lovely wedding and I'm so glad David got to be there for it.
David also bought a new truck while he was home.
Overall David's time home was perfect. Two weeks was just too short. I just have to keep telling myself that it's just a little bit longer until he is home for good. I'll leave you with a picture from the morning that David left.

No comments:
Post a Comment